Thursday, January 15, 2009

Japa Dogs

Japa Dog Stand [map]
[Original post date: March 2008]

Ahh, Vancouver, where east meets west so deliciously! On Saturday I was wandering around downtown and met up briefly with a co-worker at the Art Gallery to witness the annual pillow fight. I was pretty hungry by that time and my co-worker informed me of a hotdog vendor at Burrard and Smithe that sells “Japadogs.” What the heck is a Japadog? Well, it’s basically a hotdog with a Japanese twist. So I hurried myself over there and found the vendor, a kitty corner across the Scotiabank Theatre.



At the moment they have three different specialty dogs, but I think you can pretty much mix and match what you want. I tried out the Terimayo dog and was pleasantly surprised that the seaweed worked so well. I also have to recommend trying some of their wasabi mayo (it’s not that strong, so don’t worry about putting too much on), it definitely gives a nice kick to it. I found this place to be a nice change to the tasty smokie and totally worth a try. They even have a website!

[Recommended? Yes]

No comments:

Post a Comment