Thursday, January 15, 2009

Emmett O'Lunney's Irish Pub (New York City)

210 W 50th St, New York City [Map]

[Original post date: September 2008]


On our first day in New York, for lunch we decided to just wander down E 51st Street (which was where our hotel was located) and pick a random place to eat. Unfortunately, the place we ended up at (I don’t even remember the name) was part of a hotel (which we didn’t know) and ridiculously overpriced for the food (a glass of orange juice was $7!). So for dinner, I did a quick search online instead to find a place that was a bit more down to earth.

Food: Value and quality of food was pretty good. My boyfriend had the pot roast which he thought was excellent, and I had the lamb shepherd’s pie which I would say was average. I think it could’ve used a little more gravy. Portion was fairly large. My goal was to eat at least 50% of it, I think I got maybe up to 60%.

Service: Waitress was quite friendly, service was quick.

Ambiance: Pub ambiance, so large space, it wasn’t too busy when we had arrived.

[Recommended? Yes]

No comments:

Post a Comment